Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to storing and/or sharing specific content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting provider. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a peek at these. Doing so, you can elect what you want, depending on whether you desire to have a blog, mail accounts, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service distributed by some firms, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions frequently involve adverts by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific spell of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally inaccurate interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allocate the load between separate bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous web site hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given suppliers offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting kind is appropriate if you wish to share an enormous amount of pictures with mates or partners since the service is typically free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to handling your e-mails. Some vendors provide web space hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an email service. If you would like to have an email address with your domain name but do not want to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will allow you to administer as many video clips as you would like without bothering about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to own a website. To some degree, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Free Hostia, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that enable you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse compared to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are designed for particular content exclusively.